Re: http_url_get_xml returns error - ...junk after document element?

Thanks Scott,  EXAMPLE15 worked like a charm.   These tools are very cool.
Just looking briefly at the demos provided, which would you recommend I use
as a starting point to create an XML document and then post it to a web
service?

             Scott Klement
             <sk@scottklement.
             Sent by:                  HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects
             ftpapi-bounces@li         <ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
             sts.scottklement.                                          cc
             com
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: http_url_get_xml returns error
             02/02/2007 01:55          - ...junk after document element?
             PM

             Please respond to
                HTTPAPI and
              FTPAPI Projects
             <ftpapi@xxxxxxxxx
              ttklement.com>

Hello Tim,

> I just installed HTTP API, and I'm attempting to run the NEWSFLASH demo
> app.   http_url_get_xml is failing with the following response: "XML
parse
> failed at line 2, col 0, junk after document element".   It writes the
> error to a message file, then fails attempting to write another blank
> message the message file.  Has anyone had this issue, any thoughts, etc?

The NEWSFLASH demo program appears to be out of date.  The iSeries Network
news headlines were changed around a little bit since that program was
written.

Thanks for reporting this.  I'll update the code as soon as I have time.

In the meantime, please try EXAMPLE15.  It's very similar to NEWSFLASH
except that it prints the results instead of changing message
descriptions.  And, I think it's up to date :)