Re: HTTPXMLR4/HTTPAPIR4

From: Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:  Tue, 30 Jan 2007 22:51:40 -0600 (CST)

>Hi Sabella,
>
>> The line that is creating the error is in the StartElement procedure
>> within HTTPAPIR4 and is:
>> newElem.name = %char( %subst( name:1:len));
>>
>> "len" has a value, but I'm not able to see "name" because it says it is
>> ambiguous.
>
>Interesting.  Maybe you should make it less ambiguous.  Change the code so
>that instead of "name" it's called "xname" or something like that.  (You
>should only have to change it in 3 places, the PI, that line, and the line
>before it.)

I changed the name, so I am able to see the variable now.  It has the value of soap:envelope, so everything looks like it should work.  I created a small program to just test the moving of a UCS-2 field using this section of StartElement and my test program works fine.  I thought maybe it needed a PTF for V5R1, but apparantly not.

>> Message . . . . :   Call stack entry not found.
>> Cause . . . . . :   Call stack entry HTTPXMLR4, specified for the send,
>>  receive, move or delete message operation, could not be found in the call
>>  stack.
>
>HTTPXMLR4 is the name of the module -- not a call stack entry. HTTPAPI
>does not try to reference a call stack entry, in any case. This error
>message makes no sense.  Plus, I've never received this error.
>
>I'm not sure what to tell you.  Unless you can provide some way that I can
>reproduce the error, I'm not sure how to proceed.  What code would I
>change?  How would I know the change fixed the problem, or even had
>anything to do with the problem?
>
>It'd be different if the error message made sense -- but it doesn't.  And
>since I don't have access to a V5R1 machine, and I have absolutely no way
>to reproduce the problem, there's pretty much nothing I can do.

OK.  I was hoping either you or someone else had seen this and found a fix.

>> PS.  I did see the thread with a similar problem posted in 10/2006, but
>> there wasn't a resolution there.  I thought maybe providing some
>> additional information might help find a solution.
>
>Can you please provide a link to that thread?  I looked, but couldn't find
>anything in the archives related to a missing call stack entry.

I couldn't get a link, but the subject is "RNQ0202 error calling http_url_post_xml" in the October archives.

Sent via the WebMail system at mail.itelbsc.com