Re: HTTPXMLR4/HTTPAPIR4

Hi Sabella,

> The line that is creating the error is in the StartElement procedure
> within HTTPAPIR4 and is:
> newElem.name = %char( %subst( name:1:len));
>
> "len" has a value, but I'm not able to see "name" because it says it is
> ambiguous.

Interesting.  Maybe you should make it less ambiguous.  Change the code so
that instead of "name" it's called "xname" or something like that.  (You
should only have to change it in 3 places, the PI, that line, and the line
before it.)

> Message . . . . :   Call stack entry not found.
> Cause . . . . . :   Call stack entry HTTPXMLR4, specified for the send,
>  receive, move or delete message operation, could not be found in the call
>  stack.

HTTPXMLR4 is the name of the module -- not a call stack entry. HTTPAPI
does not try to reference a call stack entry, in any case. This error
message makes no sense.  Plus, I've never received this error.

I'm not sure what to tell you.  Unless you can provide some way that I can
reproduce the error, I'm not sure how to proceed.  What code would I
change?  How would I know the change fixed the problem, or even had
anything to do with the problem?

It'd be different if the error message made sense -- but it doesn't.  And
since I don't have access to a V5R1 machine, and I have absolutely no way
to reproduce the problem, there's pretty much nothing I can do.

> PS.  I did see the thread with a similar problem posted in 10/2006, but
> there wasn't a resolution there.  I thought maybe providing some
> additional information might help find a solution.

Can you please provide a link to that thread?  I looked, but couldn't find
anything in the archives related to a missing call stack entry.