Re: MPUT Suggestion

> What's the best way to perform an MPUT of files in an IFS directory
> using FTPAPI? I can think of a couple ways: I could use QSH to do an
> ls into a PF, then read the PF and use ftp_put for each file. Or, I
> could use opendir, readdir, closedir to get a list, and then transfer
> each entry in the list. Or, is there an ftp_mput that I'm missing?

I'd suggest using opendir/readdir/closedir.  FTPAPI does include the
prototypes for those APIs (in the IFSIO_H member) if you don't have them
elsewhere.

Unfortunately, IBM hasn't made APIs for file globbing, which makes it
somewhat awkward if you need to use wildcards.  (On the other hand, the
server handles the globbing on an MGET request, so MGET is much easier.)
If you do need to use globbing, the "ls" command in QShell might be easier
than the APIs.   But, I do recommend using the spawn() API in that case,
rather than writing the output of LS to a file. I just think it's more
elegant than using a temporary file.  Of course, that's only an opinion.