eXpat - Converting character data and losing spaces

   Hello,

       I'm pasting the code that I'm using for my characher data handler
   in eXpat.  The problem is that if the character data contains leading
   spaces, they are not all preserved after converting from UCS-2 to type
   character in the last line.  Everything seems to work fine if there
   are no leading spaces, and spaces within the data are preserved.  But
   leading spaces cause problems.  It may just be a coincidence, but the
   number of leading spaces seems to be cut in half when it's converted
   to type character.  Does anyone know why this is happening?

   Thanks!

   Bob Barnhart

   Fremont Insurance Company

   //====================================================================
   =

   // character data handler

   //====================================================================
   =

   P chardata             B

   D chardata             PI

   D   d                                               likeds(stack)

   D   string                          16383C   const options(*varsize)

   D   len                                   10I  0 value

   D data                   s         16383a    varying

   /free

   if (len < 1);

    return;

   endif;