Application is not registered with DCM!

Forced to run a working HTTPAPI app (1.11) from a backup AS/400, we got the
error in the title. Alas, all I can remember about registering my app with
the DCM, almost 2 years ago, was that I had to use OpsNav (not my forte),
and that it was a royal pain in certain parts of the body.

I did seem to remember that Scott had said something about NOT having to
register, with recent versions of his life-saving software, so I loaded 1.17
onto the backup machine. Then I altered the call to https_init() to pass
*Blanks.

However, the error was the same (I followed through to the code in COMMSSLR4
shown after my signature). And, actually, all it says in Scott's CHANGELOG
is:

- Allow *BLANKS for the Application ID in https_init(). When *BLANKS is
passed, it will use the default settings in the *SYSTEM certificate store.

Can anyone please either point me to CLEAR instructions on how to get into
OpsNav and do whatever set-up is necessary with the DCM (eg. altering the
default settings), or else tell me how I can adapt my code so as to make the
https_init() call, yet avoid having to register with the DCM? (I did a
Google on registering with the DCM, did not find anything I personally could
follow).

Thanks for any suggestions,
Peter Myers

>From COMMSSLR4, called by this: RtnCde = https_init(MyAppId) ;

c                   eval      rc = gsk_environment_init(wkEnvh)
c                   if        rc <> GSK_OK
c                   if        rc = GSK_AS400_ERROR_NOT_REGISTERED
c                   callp     SetError(HTTP_NOTREG: 'Application '
c                             'is not registered with DCM!')