HTTP API post xml with HTTP headers

Hi.  I was going over the examples with the HTTPAPI and can't seem to find an example that includes specifying HTTP headers.

I'm working with a vendor that requires I specify certain HTTP headers in my post.

Can anyone give me an example of how to specify http headers using http_url_post_xml?  For example I need to specify "MIME-Version: 1.0" and "Content-transfer-encoding: text"

In the meantime I ended up modifying HTTPAPIR4 to add the headers I need, but I'd really like to keep away from changing the code in LIBHTTP.

Thanks in advance,
Edgar