HTTP API AS/400 Question (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 16:17:31 -0800 (PST)
From: Harold S. Schlaifer <hschlaifer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: ftpapi-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: HTTP API AS/400 Question

Scott,

Our software developer, Profound Logic Systems, has used your HTTP (SSL) API to connect to a provider of ours. We submit several hundred requests a day to our provider. We do a post and wait for a response. The provider keeps the socket open for a max of 15 seconds after receiving our post (which contains a request for report) and sending us the requested report. We have a 45 second timeout on the request. We receive the following error back:

                                Display Messages
                                                       System:   SCRBCK
 Queue . . . . . :   HAROLD                  Program . . . . :   *DSPMSG
   Library . . . :     QUSRSYS                 Library . . . :
 Severity  . . . :   00                      Delivery  . . . :   *BREAK

 Type reply (if required), press Enter.
   >From  . . . :   QTMHHTP1       11/27/06   16:08:27
   Error Number 6530 occurred on 2006-11-27 at 16.08.26.      Message:
     RPT: HTTPS connection error for transaction number 50686-1: Error
     Number: 44, CommSSL_read:  read:(GSKit) I/O: A connection with a remote
     socket was reset by…

I also have traces from ETHERREAL packet sniffer which does not indicate that any errors were detected on receipt of on our side. Some retransmit requests were seen for the report provider. It appears that we are possibly dropping received data or not detecting dropped packets.

Do you have any suggestions?

Harold