RE: Closing a listener socket

Scott,

I am having trouble figuring out how/when to automatically close a
listener socket used in a server program that needs to be listening
almost 24 hours. I could add a step to operations nightly back up
procedures that they manually close the socket using the Netstat *Cnn
command, finding the listening socket, and ending it with opt-4. All of
the subsystems are brought down every night. If the subsystem is brought
down would that have the same affect as closing/ending the socket?

Thanks for any help you can give me!!

Sue Turner