From: "Rizwan Khan" <krizzi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re :Re: Re :Re: \\
Date: 1 Nov 2006 22:44:37 -0000

    Scott,
    I was using the old version 1.16, I downloaded the vew verision 1.17
    but still the same issue.
    I am calling a secured web service, when I send this string
    '<CustomerName>' + '<![CDATA[' +  %trim(Customer_Name) + ']]>'  +
    '</CustomerName>'
    the forum side system gets this as
    <CustomerName><!?CDATA?Khan & Khan Sons??></CustomerName>
    Wherever there are square brackets "[" it is converting to question
    mark "?".  Then the forum gives an error "Invalid SOAP message format.
    No Envelope found."
    I hope this information will hep you to reproduce the error.
    Thanks,
    Rizwan
    HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects wrote
    Hello,
    > Scott,This is an old version downloaded in July this year. How can I
    > check the version of HTTPAPI, if I don't remember what was then?
    There's a named constant, HTTPAPI_VERSION, in the HTTPAPI_H source
    member.
    That constant should tell you which version you're using.
    > need to download the new one and try?
    I changed the way CCSID translation worked in version 1.17 of HTTPAPI.
    So
    if your version is older than that, I suggest downloading the new one
    see if the same bug exists in that version... If you're already using
    version 1.17 or later, then I need to know how to reproduce the error
    so
    that I can trace the code to see what's wrong.
    -
    [1][1963059423@Middle5?OAS_query=null&PARTNER=3]