From: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
denselman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, October 25, 2006 12:10 PM
To: ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: HTTP API Question

Hi Scott,

I'm in a finger pointing war with the provider of a web service. His
service runs on a .NET aspx page that I am consuming on the AS/400.
During very heavy traffic times, I occasionally get this message on the
AS/400:

Message . . . . :   Function check. MCH3601 unmonitored by EXPAT at
statement
   0000000125, instruction X'0000'.

 Cause . . . . . :   An escape exception message was sent to a program
which
   did not monitor for that message. The full name of the program to
which the
   unmonitored message was sent is EXPAT XMLPARSE doContent. At the time
the
   message was sent the program was stopped at higher level language
statement
   number(s) 0000000125. If more than one statement number is shown, the

   program was a bound program. Optimization does not allow a single
statement
   number to be determined. If *N is shown as a value, it means the
actual
   value was not available.

I've seen occasionally his service sending me back HTML instead of XML
content. Does EXPAT always expect a well formed XML document to be sent
back to it? What additional information can I capture on the AS/400 side
to help diagnose this problem.

Thanks for your time,

Drew Enselman