how to format a request to a web service

   Good Friday afternoon.

           I've copied Scott's basic program from the sockets tutorial
   and it works beautifully, showing me all the HTML from a the web page
   of my choice. I would like to use it to call a simple web service.
   There's lots out there, and I've been trying to get them to work, but
   for all the info available, I can't figure out how to format the
   'request' field to call the service. In particular, I've been trying
   to just get the getCity(zip) method at

   [1]http://webservices.imacination.com/distance/Distance.jws?wsdl
   to work. I can connect, but can't invoke the service. Am I on the
   wrong planet?

   [cid:_1_0DEC8C1C0DEC85B00079B16788257206]