Intermittent timeout problem

   Hello

   I am a new user of HTTPAPI. It looks great but I have a problem that I
   cannot solve.

   I modified EXAMPLE1 to get a file from a TCL linux program. It's all
   very simple. It works but sometimes it times out. I set the timeout
   factor quite high (I ran INSTALL after changing the value):

   D HTTP_TIMEOUT    C                   CONST(999)

   I use HTTP and not HTTPS. Our system is in V5R3.  I tried many things,
   I installed version 1.17... It works sometimes but not some other
   times. My network manager says the firewall is open.

   Here is the debug file:

   cat
   httpapi_debug.txt

   HTTPAPI Ver 1.17 released
   2006-09-23

   New iconv() objects set, PostRem=819. PostLoc=0. ProtRem=819.
   ProtLoc=0

   http_url_get():
   entered

   http_persist_open(): entered

   http_long_ParseURL():
   entered

   SetError() #6: connect(): A remote host did not respond within the
   timeout
   period.

   Please let me know if you have any insight. Thank you.

   Hugues

   [1]All-new Yahoo! Mail - Fire up a more powerful email and get things
   done faster.