   From: Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
   To: HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects <ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
   Cc: Eduard Sluis <eduard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
   Sent: Wednesday, October 4, 2006 6:13:49 PM
   Subject: Re: RECV problem?
   Don't use setsockopt().  That's not the correct way to do
   timeouts.  Use
   signals or the select() API instead.
   I've answered this question many times, you should be able to find
   answers
   by searching the web.  If you can't find anything, let me know.
   --
   Scott Klement  [1]http://www.scottklement.com
   On Wed, 4 Oct 2006, Eduard Sluis wrote:
   > Dear all,
   For one of our applications we want to make use of the Socketoption
   SO_RCVTIME to set the maxtime a RECV action may take. For some reason
   the
   RECV ignores this option and when we do a GETSOCKOPT we do not see the
   value set. See the following source snippets
   D wwTimeOut       S             10I 0
   D wwTimeOut2      S             10I 0
   C                   EVAL      TCP = TCP_conn(IPADDR:
   C                                            $H05N0)
   C                   callp     setsockopt(TCP: SOL_SOCKET: SO_RCVTIME:
   C                                %addr(wwTimeOut): %size(wwTimeOut))
   C                   callp     getsockopt(TCP: SOL_SOCKET: SO_RCVTIME:
   C                                %addr(wwTimeOut2): wwTimeOut2)
   Obviously something is wrong.
   But I do not see what!!
   Kind regards,
   Eduard Sluis.