Ports in FTP-APIs

   Hi all,

   we do not specify the port parameter in FTP_Conn API, but I wonder why
   the last 2 ports in the port list (seen in the job log) are always
   different?

   e.g.: PORT 10,12,40,21,139,131

           PORT 10,12,40,21,137,102

           PORT 10,12,40,21,141,21

           PORT 10,12,40,21,142,8

   Some firewalls restrict the port numbers and therefore we get
   sometimes errors, if an invalid port is used. Therefore my second
   question: Which port of the port list will be actually used? Is it
   recommended to specify certain ports in FTP_Conn parameter?

   Many thanks in advance.

   Regards,

   Werner Noll
   Gesellschaft für Individual-Software mbH
   Ludwigstrasse 9
   D-63739 Aschaffenburg
   Phone: +49-6021-299880
   Fax: +49-6021-299882