Re: Soapaction greater than 64 bytes

Hi John,

Unfortunately, when Giuseppe Costagliola added the SOAPAction parameter,
he only supplied 64 bytes.  Maybe that should be extended in a future
release.

As a workaround, you could set the SOAPAction http header directly
through the HTTP_POINT_ADDL_HEADER exit procedure.  That way, you can
insert up to 1012 characters for the SOAPAction,

To do that, at the start of your program, code this:

           http_xproc( HTTP_POINT_ADDL_HEADER
                     : %paddr(my_sub_proc) );

When HTTPAPI sends a request to the server, it'll call your subprocedure
(in this case, named my_sub_proc) before sending the request.  Code
your subprocedure as follows:

      P my_sub_proc     B
      D my_sub_proc     PI
      D    header                   1024A   varying
       /free
          header = 'SOAPAction: '
                  + 'https://ssl.sc.gov/PaymentEngineGateway'
                  + '/PaymentEngineServices/CreateNewOrder';
       /end-free
      P                 E

When you call http_url_post() or http_url_post_xml() (or whatever you're
using) don't pass the SOAPAction parameter, just leave it off of the call.
(You don't want to pass it in both places, or you'd get end up with two
soapactions, and that's not good either.)

Hope that helps...

---
Scott Klement  http://www.scottklement.com