COPYFILE tool - proof of concept for data conversion (FTPAPI)

Well, after a lot of talk from me, here comes the action! You'll find included the source of an ILE RPG V5R1 program (complete with a simple CMD) which should be able to convert any file in the IFS from one CCSID to the another. It'll also set the CCSID of the destination file correctly, thus making it possible to view the file using DSPF (well, if your configuration supports the character set).

Please, anyone who uses "odd" (other than English) character sets on her/his iSeries, test this one as heavily as you can afford (time wise). Of course, everyone else may test it, too. You can observe the results when using a decent Windows editor (e.g. EditPad Pro 6.0.0), if your iSeries does not support a given CCSID.

Just as a reminder... 1208 is UTF-8, 13488 is ICS-2 BE (which is of very little use outside of the iSeries).

Oh yes, if you look at the source code, you#ll see that there is an (artificial) restriction of 64 bytes on the path name length. Just did not feel like digging deep into my IFS.

Enjoy,
Christian