Re: FTAPI and i5/OS version compatibility

Sender: Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

It seems to be the consensus to freeze the old FTPAPi and move on with a new version on at least V5R1 level. As much as I would love to use V5R2, I cannot do so right now. It really hurts as I would love to many of the features mentioned previously as well as the %BITxxx BIFs. Oh well...

Unfortunately, that means we're stuck with using MODS for the session objects, which is frustrating. It would be nice to use arrays of DSes, but they're not available in V5R1.

Okay, I'll try to keep my code changes to the V5R1 level -- but, I'll rely on you, Christian to verify that it still works at V5R1.

I suggest that Scott adds my two previous code page related patches (those bugs really hurt me badly; they are each very small patches) to the current lib (thus creating a version 2.2a) and that's it for the old version.

I'm currently travelling (on a business trip) and don't have full access to computer stuff, so I can't do this right now. There are other things, aside from your patches, that I have on my current copy of FTPAPI, and they should all be merged together and put online. That way, you can make your changes without me having to merge everything together.