Van: owner-ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]Namens Brian Eckenrod
Verzonden: donderdag 8 juni 2006 23:01
Aan: ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Onderwerp: CHROOT on iSeries FTP Server

My question is not FTPAPI specific, but I thought this list was a great audience of people that might know the answer.  Here is my situation:

I have a remote company I need to allow access to my iSeries to drop of files for me to process.  I want to set them up with a limited user ID and also have them go directly in to their folder when they log in via FTP and not be able to change directory upwards.  I am open to doing this in a traditional library or on the IFS.  My only concern is that right now our iSeries is configured to log people in to the DB2 side of the machine and it needs to stay that way.  I am not sure the company placing the file will be open to issuing the namefmt command to switch to the IFS, so maybe my only option is to use the DB2 side of things or maybe there is a way to route a user to the IFS @ logon time?

Either place is fine for me to have them drop files off.  I am mostly concerned with restricting movement on the FTP server to just their own folder/library/directory.

If anyone has done this sort of thing before, your input is much appreciated.

Thanks!