Re: FTAPI and i5/OS version compatibility

I really don't think you're leaving anyone in the lurch. If someone wants the latest and greatest API, they need to be on a later version of the OS. If not, they can use a frozen copy of an earlier version. All the bugs should have been identified and dealt with long before an OS goes to EOS.

On 6/7/06, Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Sender: Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

By the same token, could we also "freeze" support for V5R1?  By the end of
the year, I'll be running V5R4, so I won't be able to compile to V5R1
anymore.

Some of V5R2's features (the ability to parse a string with the %INT BIF,
for example) would simplify the code in FTPAPI somewhat.  How many people
would be "left in the lurch" if we dropped support for V5R1?