Re: FTAPI and i5/OS version compatibility

Sender: Pete Helgren <Pete@xxxxxxxxxx>

This is a big issue with our customers as well. With our software, we only support the currently supported IBM OS/i5 version although we retain the older code in a "frozen" state so that we can review older code if problems come up.

Freeze what you have and I'd start development on something newer than V5R1M0. V5R2M0 would be great since we'll be moving to V5R4M0 by the end of the summer. If you must develop at V5R1M0 I am OK with that as well.

Pete Helgren

Sender: Christian <chrisv5@xxxxxx>

Scott and I had been talking about fixing & extending FTPAPI and the question about OS version compatibility came up. Both Scott and I cannot test anything lower than V5R1, thus it makes little sense for us to stick to V4R4/V4R5 syntax, when we cannot assure anyway whether we are 100% compatible or not.

Now, I want to ask the subscribers of this mailing list whether they object writing new pieces and fixing old ones in V5R1 syntax (including free form, qualified data structures, lots more BIF, exception monitoring, etc.)?

Regards,
Christian