Re: FTAPI and i5/OS version compatibility

I vote for V5R1 syntax. If someone has an older OS version, they can use an older copy of FTPAPI.

On 6/7/06, Christian < chrisv5@xxxxxx> wrote:
Sender: Christian <chrisv5@xxxxxx >

Scott and I had been talking about fixing & extending FTPAPI and the
question about OS version compatibility came up. Both Scott and I cannot
test anything lower than V5R1, thus it makes little sense for us to
stick  to V4R4/V4R5 syntax, when we cannot assure anyway whether we are
100% compatible or not.

Now, I want to ask the subscribers of this mailing list whether they
object writing new pieces and fixing old ones in V5R1 syntax (including
free form, qualified data structures, lots more BIF, exception
monitoring, etc.)?

Regards,
Christian