Re: FTPAPI & text file transfers - correcting myself

Sender: Christian <chrisv5@xxxxxx>

Christian wrote:

Yes, that would be a workaround, but a rather annoying one, if generally dealing with file in ASCII/Latin-1 code pages. This is why I suggested using ASCII file transfer with the same code pages. Just never forget to switch back for the NLIST/LIST command wrappers!!

I just studied the source code more carefully and found that the DIR & LIST procedures always return the results in EBCDIC, by the use of wk_XlatHack, thus one does not need to worry about the local code page.

Also, I think I can change the program in rather short time to handle UTF-8/16 conversions safely. Will require some internal changes, but should not change the API itself.

Regards,
Christian