FTPAPI question: binary vs ascii modes

Hi there,

I have a text STMF to FTP to a Windows based server.   But the file turns into garbage once on Windows.   I thought the file was already converted to ascii once in STMF with codepage 819.   Now it looks just like no ebdic to ascii conversion occured.  Why ?    If I move the file to my PC using NetServer mapping,  it looks great.

When ftp_binaryMode is ON,  the transfered file looks better,

What’s the underlying purpose of ftp_binaryMode set to OFF ?  Does it mean the mode is oppositely ascii?   If not, which function switches the ascii mode on ?

Also, I saw a function called ftp_codepage which I understand sets the codepages for ascii/edbic conversions.   I don’t believe I need to set this because the conversion should already have happened when I created the STMF.

Thanks

Eric