Re: FTP SSL: Don't want user id / password prompt.

Sender: Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Can you still use the exit points if you want to?

Yes. Cookie support is turned off by default (http_use_cookies(*YES) is needed to turn it on.) and the exit points are still available, so if you don't make any changes, it'll still work.

However, my cookie code does all of the following. I don't know if I've seen yours before, but it may not have as many features...

-- Handles path qualifiers on the cookies, only sending back when appropriate.
-- Expires cookies from the cache
-- Understands when the server is attempting to delete a cookie from the cache, and deletes it as appropriate.
-- Handles both version 0 and version 1 cookies
-- Handles domain names & subdomains and sends cookies back only when appropriate.
-- Understands the difference between persistent and temporary cookies.
-- Allows you to save the cookies to disk so that persistent (non-temporary) cookies can be saved from session to session.

Granted, all of these features are pretty much standard in all browsers, but the exit point code that I've seen people use with HTTPAPI, usually doesn't incorporate them all.

Granted, chaning the code in the application exit points to the line above is pretty minor but if I don't upgrade right away and forget to change the source in my application will it continue to work with the new HTTPAPI or is it not backward-compatible? My guess is that it would continue to work.

I always strive to keep in backward compatible. It should work without any re-compiling or re-binding (much less changing the code!) if it doesn't, it's a bug and should be reported to this list.

(I hesitate to ask but inquiring minds want to know... <g>)