Re: http_url_post_xml problem

Sender: Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I am using http_url_post_xml to pass data to a web service for sending
email.

Why on earth would you use a webservice for sending e-mail? Aren't you allowed to send mail directly?

Below is the list of parameters I am sending. Originally message
was one field, but I was unable to get this to work with the length over
999. Just as a test I split the message body in 2, but am only able to
get each one to 850 otherwise I receive an error. The problem is the
message body is often greater then 1700 characters. I also tried upping
the length of EmailRequest and postData, but did not seem to help. Is
there a limitation on the length of a variable?

HTTPAPI supports POST data up to 2.1gb. (Yes, that's gigabytes) The largest size variable you can declare in RPG is 65535 chars.

Or is there an overall limitation to the entire length of data passed? Or am I just missing something else?

Hard to say, you really haven't provided any information except that you can't exceed 850 characters. The only code you provided was a bunch of variable definitions, that really didn't tell me anything.

You said you were receiving an error when the data exceeded 850 characters. It might help to post that error message.

Or, at least tell me how to reproduce the problem.