RE: Cookie Testers Wanted!

Sender: Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I'm at V5R3. I restored the HTTPAPI version 1.14 and created and ran the ran the install program INSTALL. That seems to work fine.

That's good (but, it does on my V5R3 system as well, so it's no surprise.)

I was able to call the procedures call http_use_cookies() and call http_cookie_file().

That's good -- but again, it's no surprise.

Do the cookies work? Have you tried connecting to a web site that uses cookies to see if they're properly stored and sent back to the host that requested them?

And also made sure that they're only transmitted to the host that they're supposed to?

And have you tried version 0 and version 1 cookies?

Is the module HEADERR4 supposed to be created when INSTALL is run?

Yes, it should be compiled and bound to the HTTPAPIR4 service program. Did you have trouble with that? IF so, what happened?