Re: HTTPAPI Example1 question

Sender: Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello German,

Is it possible that you have a firewall that's blocking port 80 (outbound)?

If not, can you tell us what IP address you get when you try to ping www.scottklement.com? It should be 206.55.70.27

---
Scott Klement  http://www.scottklement.com

On Fri, 3 Feb 2006, Mendoza, German (RCIS) wrote:

I just installed HTTPAPI but I can't even get the Example1 program to
run.  The message I get is as follows:

MSG = 'connect(): A remote host refused an attempted connec'

Here's the error in the debug file:

HTTPAPI Ver 1.13.1 released 2006-01-03

New iconv() objects set, ASCII=367. EBCDIC=0

http_url_get(): entered

http_persist_open(): entered

http_long_ParseURL(): entered

SetError() #6: connect(): A remote host refused an attempted connect
operation.

I can ping www.scottklement.com <http://www.scottklement.com/>  just
fine from an iSeries command line.  Is there some sort of configuration
I'm missing?

thanks