Re: ftp_get to IFS

Sender: Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

The ParsePath() procedure returns -1.
The values in when debugging the program are:

Please step into the ParsePath() subprocedure and see where it's failing and why. In my copy, the only way it can return -1 is if the Qp0lCvtPathToQSYSObjName API (which I have renamed to "CvtPath") fails. If that's what's happening, it would help greatly if you could tell us what the contents of the dsEC data structure is after the API fails.

I've got the third parameter as the full path name and the file name to create in the IFS. I think that's the right way to do it. It's almost as if I'm doing something that makes the system think it's a type *FILE or something.....

Yes, your code looks okay, and works without any problems on my machine (as I've posted previously)

Please debug the ParsePath() subprocedure and see what's failing. I suspect that it's returning -1 in the following section of code:

  c                   callp     CvtPath( Qlg_Path_Name_T
  c                                    :  QSYS0100
  c                                    : 'QSYS0100'
  c                                    : %size(QSYS0100)
  c                                    : 0
  c                                    : dsEC
  c                                    )

  c                   if        dsECBytesA > 0
  c                                and dsECMsgID <> 'CPFA0DB'
  c                                and dsECMsgID <> 'CPFA0A7'
  c                   return    -1
  c                   endif

If it hits that return statement, please check the contents of the dsEC data structure, and tell me what the values are.