RE: https with userid and password

Sender: Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi,

You appear to be getting back garbage in the response. I don't know why this would happen, I'm guessing that you're getting disconnected prior to receiving the whole reply from the server.

To fix the "length or start position" error, can you try changing the following line (from your debug):

 4162                    callp     SetError(HTTP_RESP:%subst(peRespChain:1:
 4163                                  %scan(CR:peRespChain)-1) )

So that it looks like this, instead?

 c                   if        %scan(CR:peRespChain) > 1
 c                   callp     SetError(HTTP_RESP: %subst(peRespChain:1:
 c                                 %scan(CR:peRespChain)-1) )
 c                   else
 c                   callp     SetError(HTTP_RESP: peRespChain)
 c                   endif

It should go back to givign you a 500 error, rather than crashing, when that happens.

Regardng the source you sent me.... it appears to be a PDF of a printout of your source file. That doesn't help me. Just to be clear: I'm not looking to print out your source member. I want to be able to compile and run it so that I can see the errors as they happen.

Since I don't want to print your source member and re-type it, can you please send the source member as a .TXT file? Containing only the source, nothing else? (No line numbers, page headings, or anything like that?)

One easy way to get this is to FTP the member to your PC in ASCII mode.