RE: https with userid and password

Sender: Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I am past this problem (I guess). I called first http_setauth ( because they
told me they use HTTP_AUTH_BASIC ) and then https_url_post. Now I get error
404 - Not Found. Of course I don't know what is not found but I am trying to
figure it out.

In your URL, you are naming a specific document or program on the server that you'd like to access. The server is responding with error code 404, which means that it can't find the document you've given.

For example, if I specify
    http://www.scottklement.com/rpg/ifs.html

That means that the server will look for a document called "ifs.html" in the "rpg" folder on my web server. If there's no such file or folder, it'll respond with "404 Not Found"

Similarly, if I try to run a program on the server

http://www.scottklement.com/apps/processForm.cgi

If there's no such program on the server to run, it'll respond with 404.

So, check the syntax of your URL and make sure it's correct. If you're still stuck, talk to whomever is in charge of the server and ask them to look in their error logs to see what the server is trying to access. If it's not found, the logs will provide more detailed info about what the problem is.