On Wed, 7 Dec 2005, Rick Ms wrote:

Sender: Rick Ms <rickmsusa@xxxxxxxxx>

Scott, (everyone is also welcome to contribute)

Just wanted to know your opinion on the following:

 Is there any special consideration that you have to
take into account when sending HTTP Post requests to a
proxy server using your HTTPAPI..? It is my
understanding that when sending request to a proxy you
need to send the complete URL in the Post method and
not just the path of the URI. Since we are an AS400
shop I really don't know what the industry standard is
on submitting http requests to an environment where a
proxy is also part of the equation.

 In my case, I'm getting a "HTTP 403 Forbidden"
status code after a Post request. The people on the
other side of the fence want to blame the 403 errors
on the way the Post is being submitted. I thought the
403 errors could be related to a permission issue on
the server side.

 Question: How would you approach a 403-error
message? Would you think the server needs to look into
it or would you try to look into the HTTPAPI..?

 What is your take at the real purpose for the 403
message.?

 Thanks Scott, I really appreciate in advance
whatever inside you could give me on this..?

__________________________________________ Yahoo! DSL ? Something to write home about. Just $16.99/mo. or less. dsl.yahoo.com