Re: CCSID problem

Hi Bruce,

Ooooh... Datamax printer language!

If you're creating the file in ASCII, then there's no need for FTP to translate it. Instead, just FTP it in binary mode:

callp FTP_binaryMode(sess: *ON);

What I think you've done (I'm guessing) is that you created the stream file in ASCII, then FTPed it, translating from EBCDIC to ASCII. The problem is, it was already in ASCII, so you ended up translating it to garbage.

The two resulting files (one via iSeries FTP, the other via the FTPAPIs) are attached. The result is the same whether the CCSID of the IFS text file is 37 or 819. Our system value QCCSID is 65535. The job default CCSID is 37.

The job default, and QCCSID values have absolutely no impact on FTPAPI, unless you're specifying a CCSID of 0.

Any help would be appreciated. (Also, if possible, would like “getting started” info on if you can FTP the text file directly without having to first write to the IFS.)

I don't understand the question. Where is the text file when your program begins? Why are you writing it to the IFS, if that's not where you need it?

Why FTP a Datamax printer label to a PC in the first place? Why not just send it to the printer?