RE: Help!

Sender: Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

That's not the case. My VB.net web service returns real symbols such as < , > (I added breakpoint at the return statement in VB program) but when I check the value of field in RPG program , it shows &lt or &gt instead of < or >.

HTTPAPI doesn't have any code to convert < or > to &lt; or &gt;. So, it's happening somewhere on the other side of the connection. I don't know if it's VB.NET, or if it's your web server, or what the issue is, but it's not HTTPAPI.

I do not have any experience with VB.NET programming, nor with running a web server under Windows. So, unfortunately, I can't tell you how to fix it.