RE: Several questions

Sender: Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I see the IP/Host info that we currently use FTP with is in the TCP/IP
host table. I ran the CHGTCPDMN and added the IP address of our firewall
to the domain name server parameter. I am now able to ping websites and
use run the HTTP examples in LIBHTTP. Does this mean we were never using
a DNS since the host info was coming from the host table and we are now
using the DNS on the firewall?

That's what it sounds like, yes.

Now that I can communicate with the outside world I'm not sure how I
would execute an RPG program from a different server. CGI?

Yep. Here are a few short articles that I wrote on that subject:

http://www.iseriesnetwork.com/article.cfm?id=51135
http://www.iseriesnetwork.com/article.cfm?id=51145
http://www.iseriesnetwork.com/article.cfm?id=51209