RE: Several questions

Sender: Robert Dunn <dunnriteservices@xxxxxxxxx>

hi Grizzly M,

Sorry to but in at the last second, but I am wondering
if there are any performance related problems using
FTP in what appears to be a transaction based setting.

Any time I have used FTP it has been to perform a
single transfer of an object/file.  Could there be a
performance problem with potentially hundreds of FTP
transactions being sent at the same time?

I guess my question is what would be the load of
potentially hundreds of simultaneous FTP transactions
verses hundreds of simultaneous HTTP transactions on
the sending and receiving systems?  I know HTTP is set
up to be "transaction" based, I don't know about FTP?

Sorry if I muddied the waters, but I hope someone in
the group will be able to tell us if the different TCP
services have different performance impacts on their
sending/receiving servers.  That may help you
determine any pros's/con's to the FTP method being
proposed.

Robert Dunn