Re: Secure FTP using FTPAPI

Sender: Mark S Siddall <siddallm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Scott,

It is just another FTP server setup using SSL. When I connect interactively I must issue the FTP CL command as follows...

FTP RMTSYS('xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx') PORT(*SECURE) SECCNN(*IMPLICIT)

To connect in batch I have been using a script to connect which looks something like this...
open XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX 990

login  MyUserID  MyPassword

ascii
namefmt 1
get RemoteTextFile.txt  /QSYS.LIB/QGPL.LIB/MYFILE.FILE (REPLACE
lcd /home/MyFolder
get RemoteRtfFile01.rtf          (REPLACE
get RemoteRtfFile02.rtf          (REPLACE
get RemoteRtfFile03.rtf          (REPLACE
quit

Both of these work fine, the problem is when I have an error making the initial connection. It is hanging trying to make the connection and control is never returned to my program so I cannot perform any error handling.

I would like to user your FTPAPI where I can issue the FTP commands one at a time using the procedures you provided but FTPAPI does not support SSL. If TPAPI did support SSL then it would allow for me to take control and retry if the connection is not made. The connection problem is intermittent and I connect fine after a couple of trys.

My output file looks like this after I manually kill the job using Alt+SysReq+3.

 Columns . . . :    1 120                                      Browse
 SEU==>
0001.00 Output redirected to a file.
0002.00 Input read from specified override file.
0003.00 Connecting to remote host 61.226.225.30 using port 990.

Thank,
Mark Siddall