Re: Sterling

I copy the stream file to user space and post it using http_url_post with
'application/x-www-form-urlencoded' as the content type but the £ symbol
doesn't appear to get sent. The web service I post to ends up with 'MILLS
BUTLERS'

a) Copying it to a user space is completely unnecessary and extra work. (Though, it was your only option prior to the 1.10 release, so maybe this is older code)

b) If you have string that says 'MILLS & BUTLERS' then it's obviously not URL encoded. If it were URL encoded, it'd be 'MILLS+%26+BUTLERS'. I think you're probably confusing the web service by telling it that the data is URL encoded when it's not.