encoding in XML

Sender: llandreth@xxxxxxxxx

Project;  Create XML document using CVIDEV2, parse it with EXPAT, and send
to vendor with HTTPAPI.

Problem:

1.  Shipment header data is loaded with &.  Tried to replace with "&",
but too many fields, and too many occurrences.

2. I know I can read and parse the xml document using iconv() api to
convert it to "UTF-8", but would this translate the & for me?

3. I tried to write the document in UTF-8, by using "<?xml version="1.0"
encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?> in the declaration, but the & were not
translated.

Suggestions?

Linda Landreth
Park University Enterprises, Inc.