Re: Our Version

Sender: Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Mike,

It looks like we are using version 1.10 of HTTPAPI. We are looking into
upgrading to 1.12, but are just wondering what has changed that may
affect our existing applications before we go ahead with the change.

I try very hard to never impact existing applications (other than to fix bugs) when I make changes to HTTPAPI. If you find that I have broken some compatibility, I'd appreciate it if you'd let me know.

Here's the steps I recommend for upgrading:

a) Make sure you haven't added any of your own objects or members to
    LIBHTTP.  (You should never do this!)

b) Get the new version of HTTPAPI and copy it to your iSeries somewhere (but don't install it yet.)

c) RNMOBJ OBJ(LIBHTTP) OBJTYPE(*LIB) NEWOBJ(OLDLIBHTTP)

d) Install the new copy of LIBHTTP (same instructions that you used for
      installing it from scratch.)

At this point all of your existing programs should once again work. Assuming that they do:

e) DLTLIB LIB(OLDLIBHTTP)

Naturally, if anything goes wrong, you can use RNMOBJ to restore your original HTTPAPI environment -- but make sure you report any errors to me, so that I won't make that mistake again.