Re: Sockets & SOAP using RPG

Sender: Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I'm trying to connect to a Web service using Sockets API's and a SOAP envelope and cannot seem to get the desired results.

This mailing list is intended for users of the HTTPAPI and FTPAPI open source projects. It is not intended to be a general-purpose programming forum. If you want to discuss RPG in general, please visit the RPG400-L mailing list of Midrange.com, or the iSeries Network's RPG forum.

If you'd like to try your POST request using HTTPAPI instead of writing your own HTTP code, then this list would be the appropriate place to ask questions.

Since you're new to sockets programming, it might make sense to use HTTPAPI so that you don't have to write everything yourself from the ground up -- but I guess that's up to you.