Custom header parsing in httpapi 1.11

Sender: "Peter Sawatzki" <peter@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Scott,

I'm trying to connect to a XML Gateway that returns important ID information
in the HTTP Header in a field called "Delivery:" and also returns URL
encoded XML data in the "Delivery:". I sorted out that I can use the
start_xproc() call to invoke a user written global callback that parses this
data (or better get's a chance to see the header data). In priciple this
works, although the callback is global - it would be much nicer if it is
context related.

However the HTTP header parsing routines in HTTPAPI seem to be using only
2048 bytes of space and the data we receive is often much larger. I've
modified the routines in HTTPAPIR4 to use 4096 bytes fields and now our
callback gets all data.

I'd like to suggest to modify the http header parsing routines for a more
flexible header length, would this be possible ?

Also some kind of custom header parsing callback that is not global would be
nice also (although the global callback 'works' somehow).

Peter Sawatzki