Timeout problem with httapi 1.11 (release) - blocking sockets problem ?

Sender: "Peter Sawatzki" <peter@xxxxxxxxxxx>

We have been version 1.10 and 1.11 beta very successfull (I reported one
thing in the ftpapi list). Now we have switched to the httapi 1.11 release
version and have problems with an application/website that was working
before (the call to http_url_post_xml hangs for 10 Minutes and then an error
-1 is thrown). I've compared beta version and release version and the
difference seems to me the blocking/non-blocking stuff. I'm attaching a test
RPG program that demonstrates the problem. I can provide this file separatly
but do not have your email address.

Peter Sawatzki

---------
Bbtest.rpg

    H DATFMT(*EUR) TIMFMT(*HMS)

    H DFTACTGRP(*NO) BNDDIR('LIBHTTPNEW/HTTPAPI')

     /copy libhttp/qrpglesrc,httpapi_h

    D Response        ds                  qualified

    D   rc                          10I 0

    D   Message                    300A   varying

    D   lastEvent                   80A   varying

    D StartOfElement  PR

    D   r                                 likeds(Response)

    D   depth                       10I 0 value

    D   name                      1024A   varying const

    D   path                     24576A   varying const

    D   attrs                         *   dim(32767)

    D                                     const options(*varsize)

    D EndOfElement    PR

    D   r                                 likeds(Response)

    D   depth                       10I 0 value

    D   name                      1024A   varying const

    D   path                     24576A   varying const

    D   value                    32767A   varying const

    D   attrs                         *   dim(32767)

    D                                     const options(*varsize)

    D XRC             S             10I 0 INZ(0)

    D URL             S            300A   varying

    D USERID          S              4A   INZ('TEST')
    D PW              S              8A   INZ('xxxxxxxx')

    D temp            s          16384A   varying

    D Message         s            300A   INZ(*ALL' ')

    D X_LOG           S             15A   INZ('/TMP/BBTEST.TXT')

    D RESP            DS                  LIKEDS(RESPONSE)

     /free

       http_debug(*ON:X_LOG);

       URL =
'https:/'+'/secure.bibit.com/jsp/merchant/xml/paymentService.jsp';
       XRC = https_init('SCK_HTTPAPI_BIBIT');

       XRC = http_setauth(HTTP_AUTH_BASIC:USERID:PW);

       temp = '<?xml version="1.0"?>';

       xrc = http_url_post_xml(URL:%addr(temp)+2:%len(temp):

             %paddr(StartOfElement):%paddr(EndOfElement):%addr(resp));

        if (xrc <> 1);

          Message = http_error(resp.rc);

        endif;

      http_debug(*OFF:X_LOG);

     /end-free

    C                   RETURN

    P StartOfElement  B

    D StartOfElement  PI

    D   r                                 likeds(Response)

    D   depth                       10I 0 value

    D   name                      1024A   varying const

    D   path                     24576A   varying const

    D   attrs                         *   dim(32767)

    D                                     const options(*varsize)

    P                 E

    P EndOfElement    B

    D EndOfElement    PI