Re: HTTP API and V5R3

Sender: daparnin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks Scott for the confirmation.  It appears that we are on 1.10 but it
most likely is one of the beta's.  The good news is that even for a beta
it's been working great for us.  We've got some other software to upgrade
for V5R3 so I will probably add this to the list to get us current while
we're in "upgrade mode".  Thanks again.

Dave Parnin
--
Nishikawa Standard Company
Topeka, IN  46571

                      Scott Klement
                      <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx        To:
                      ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                      com>                     cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  Re: HTTP API and
                      V5R3
                      owner-ftpapi@xxxx
                      e.ods.net

                      07/22/2005 01:47
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      ftpapi

Sender: Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> We are starting to get serious in planning to upgrade to V5R3 from V5R1
and
> I wanted to see if there were any known issues with HTTP API.

I'm running V5R3 on the system where HTTPAPI is developed, and haven't had
a problem.

> It's been awhile since I installed it but I believe that we are on
> version 1.10.  I'm basing that on the first line of CHANGELOG TXT file
> in LIBHTTP/QRPGLESRC that reads "Changes to version 1.10 from 1.9".

The best way to determine that is to open up HTTPAPI_H and search for
HTTPAPI_VERSION.  You may be running version 1.10 as the ChangeLog
suggests, but you may also be running one of the beta versions that led up
to 1.10.

> I know that there have been some updates and bug fixes recently so we
> probably *should* install the latest and greatest but do we need to?

The main difference between them is bug fixes, so I guess I'd upgrade if I
were you.  But, that's entirely up to you.

There's a benefit to *me* if you run the latest release, because it helps
find bugs that can therefore be eliminated from the next release.