v1.11 SSL problem - any ideas?

I've been testing an SSL post for credit card authorization using v1.10 and a modified Example5. I've managed to get a response from the card company although not a positive one i.e. they don't receive what I've sent them (I'll leave this one until I've resolved my current problem below).

I decided last night to upgrade to v1.11 to see if, maybe, there's a fix in there that may make it magically work. However, I've fallen at the first hurdle as I'm not getting this debug output when I run my version of the program which I wan't getting before:

HTTPAPI Ver 1.11 released 2005-07-19

New iconv() objects set, ASCII=819. EBCDIC=0
http_persist_open(): entered
http_long_ParseURL(): entered
https_init(): entered
Dump of local-side certificate information:
(GSKit) Certificate is not signed by a trusted certificate authority.
ssl_error(6000): (GSKit) Certificate is not signed by a trusted certificate authority.
SetError() #30: SSL Handshake: (GSKit) Certificate is not signed by a trusted certificate author
Dump of server-side certificate information:
Cert Validation Code = 0

Obviously it's a DCM error but why would an upgrade to HTTPAPI cause this to come out of the woodwork? Incidentally, I did apply the mods from v1.11 Example5 to my program and I do have every available client certificate assigned to the SCK_HTTPAPI_EXAMPLES app. I'm a v5r3 with the latest cumulative applied.

When I run Example5 from a command line I get SSL Handshake: "(GSKit) Certificate is not signed by..."

Please help!