Re: HTTP API and V5R3

Sender: Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

We are starting to get serious in planning to upgrade to V5R3 from V5R1 and
I wanted to see if there were any known issues with HTTP API.

I'm running V5R3 on the system where HTTPAPI is developed, and haven't had a problem.

It's been awhile since I installed it but I believe that we are on version 1.10. I'm basing that on the first line of CHANGELOG TXT file in LIBHTTP/QRPGLESRC that reads "Changes to version 1.10 from 1.9".

The best way to determine that is to open up HTTPAPI_H and search for HTTPAPI_VERSION. You may be running version 1.10 as the ChangeLog suggests, but you may also be running one of the beta versions that led up to 1.10.

I know that there have been some updates and bug fixes recently so we probably *should* install the latest and greatest but do we need to?

The main difference between them is bug fixes, so I guess I'd upgrade if I were you. But, that's entirely up to you.

There's a benefit to *me* if you run the latest release, because it helps find bugs that can therefore be eliminated from the next release.