Re: Fw: RPG calling a web service / HTTP 1.1 500 Internal Server Error, here is the attached code

Sender: Buck Calabro <kc2hiz@xxxxxxxxx>

> I didn't see an example that is similar to what I
> am trying to do, RPG sending a request and
> looking for a simple sucess or failure.

The question you need to answer is this: what does the far end want to
hear, and how does it tell you 'success' or 'fail'?

> On the code I sent, the error states something
> about the program expecting a character input
> field with a maximum length of 52a. Is the
> conflict because non Iseries is Varchar and
> Iseries is fixed character length ?

Sounds more like an error on the DSPLY operation.  When you say
'error' what do you mean?  Program message (white message interrupting
the program) or a message back from the far side in the buffer or
something else?  If it's a white message, what line number?

It took me a long time to realise that almost all of my problems are a
result of me not understanding how the other end wanted me to behave.
One thing I found very helpful was to use a network sniffer (I use
Ethereal) to trace a working transaction.  Then at least I could see
what was supposed to go between me and them.
  --buck