Implementing SFTP with FTPAPI

Sender: "John McKee" <jmmckee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Will FTPAPI be able to utilize SFTP protocol at some point?  I have not looked at code for FTP or sftp, but I am wondering if the code is similar, with the exception of encrypting and decrypting the data.  If it is *just* that, I wonder how much work would be involved in porting the encryption related code from sftp into FTPAPI.

I need to use sftp and would really like to use FTPAPI, since there isn't a native capability on AS/400, as far as I know.

John McKee