RE: Problem with POST in HTT API

Ricardo,

thank you for the suggestions. Independantly from the iSeries it works well, as it works with a simple HTML form as well as with a Delphi program. What I most likely will be doing is tracing the whole thing from the iSeries to Clickatell at the firewall or the router. Unfortunately I'll be away for four weeks, thus the project is put at rest until August.

I had two problems with GET, one was caused by Scott (which he has fixed in the betas) and one was by me (had an IP lock down at Clickatell and the iSeries uses a different IP). I'd say, on GET I am even. On POST, one problem is a timing problem, thus I'd saw it's a draw. Th eother problem is not yet determined. While I am very well aware that I am making mistakes myself, I also do not assume that any other software is without faults.

Finally, what works with one server, might not work with another and v.v. With regard of the statements which I had seen in the category "it works great for me", I only say "wow, what a great statistical sample, it works for a dozen apps". I can safely assume (and Scott may agree with me) that there are possibly countless combinations of circumstances which might not work, even with the best software. So far, there has not ever been 100% bugfree software. There are just enough lucky people for whom it works. And there is always the unlucky guy who encounters a certain problem as the first one. That's tough luck already, but it hurts even more, when you get bashed for that!

Greetings,
Christian