Re: Certificate Request with sha1 encoding

Sender: Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Since you're apparently able to use the openssl tools, why not use them to generate the certificate request?

---
Scott Klement  http://www.scottklement.com

Sender: "Peter Sawatzki" <peter@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Not exactly a httpapi specific issue but I have to send a certificate
request to a business partner and it appears that he can only accept a
certificate request with sha1 encoding. The certificate request that the DCM
makes is md5 encoded and I do not know how to make it issue a request with
sha1 encoding. Also the request must contain an email attribute and that
seems also not possible.

Here is a dump of the as/400 certificate request I can make:

\programme\openssl\bin\openssl req -text -in Test1.csr
Certificate Request:
       Version: 0 (0x0)
       Subject: C=DE, ST=NRW, O=MyOrg, OU=600/11100-600/11101,
         CN=My Name
       Subject Public Key Info:
           Public Key Algorithm: rsaEncryption
           RSA Public Key: (1024 bit)
               Modulus (1024 bit):
[hex data]
               Exponent: 65537 (0x10001)
       Attributes:
           a0:00
   Signature Algorithm: md5WithRSAEncryption
[hex data]

And here is an example of a certificate request as it should be:

Certificate Request:
       Version: 0 (0x0)
       Subject: C=DE, L= , MyOrg, OU=600/11100-600/11101,
         CN=My Name/emailAddress=MyEMail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

       Subject Public Key Info:
           Public Key Algorithm: rsaEncryption
           RSA Public Key: (1024 bit)
               Modulus (1024 bit):
[hax data]
               Exponent: 65537 (0x10001)
       Attributes:
           emailAddress             :MyEMail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
   Signature Algorithm: sha1WithRSA

Anyone know how to issue a request from the AS/400 like the above ?

Peter